Each event directory in the FTP site is named by the date then location of the event. Files for each event are then organized in directories by agency /contact. All data files are compressed(gzip) ASCII containing a 5 line header then data. The header contains:
For more descriptions, see the "areadme" files in the individual event directories. Postscript copies of the data table, maps and plots are found in the x_postscript directories. This information is also found in "1_readme.txt" in the database directory.
- name/location, agency, id number, latitude N, longitude E, time interval in seconds and the number of data points.
- start time of the file in decimal day of year and calendar date/time, units of data and scaling factor.
- estimated tsunami travel time in hours from main earthquake shock and the time of the main shock, both in decimal day of year.
- the mean removed from the data and the write format for the data and a missing value flag if used.
- processing comments(may be blank).
Example FTP session:
331 Guest login ok, send ident as password.
Password: your name
230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
ftp> cd tsunami/database
ftp> cd t19960610andreanov
ftp> cd pmel_bpr
Type set to I.
ftp> mget *.dat.gz
Go to the FTP site.