Database and FTP InformationEach event directory in the FTP site is named by the date then location of the event. Files for each event are then organized in directories by agency /contact. All data files are compressed(gzip) ASCII containing a 5 line header then data. The header contains:
- name/location, agency, id number, latitude N, longitude E, time interval in seconds and the number of data points.
- start time of the file in decimal day of year and calendar date/time, units of data and scaling factor.
- estimated tsunami travel time in hours from main earthquake shock and the time of the main shock, both in decimal day of year.
- the mean removed from the data and the write format for the data and a missing value flag if used.
- processing comments(may be blank).
Example FTP session:
ftp ftp.pmel.noaa.gov Name: anonymous 331 Guest login ok, send ident as password. Password: your name 230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply. ftp> cd tsunami/database ftp> ls t19960610andreanov ftp> cd t19960610andreanov ftp> ls coe_bpr jma_tidegauge nos_tidegauge pmel_bpr ptwc_tidegauge x_postscript ftp> cd pmel_bpr ftp> binary Type set to I. ftp> mget *.dat.gz ... ftp> quitGo to the FTP site.